THE ULTIMATE TRACTION SYSTEM
Ready for the real thing?
Get the full Traction Guide for lesson 1, it's completely free. Explore all the channels and use a proven process to find your perfect match. Do not wait and start growing your client database!
'You can't make a sale if nobody's listening to your sale.'
One of the biggest challenges you face as an entrepreneur is the task of driving large volumes of targeted traffic to your business.
And there is no shortage of advice out there on how to do that:
- “Just use Facebook ads. It’s a guaranteed win.”
- “You need to create a LinkedIn group.”
- “SEO is the only way to get consistent traffic.”
Everyone has a magic method to teach you, and they all seem pretty reasonable. You pick one. You give it a try. And... nothing.
What are you doing wrong? Why do you feel like the ONLY person who can’t make it work?
Well, I have some good news for you.
The truth is that you’re not alone. For every Facebook Ads success story you read about, there are a hundred people who have thrown money at Facebook and received nothing in return. For every business that hits it big with SEO, there are a hundred other businesses who have invested thousands of dollars and walked away virtually empty handed.
And really, there is no advantage for them in clarifying, “Well, this only worked for me because my friend is the moderator of a huge Linkedin group.” or “This strategy worked amazing in 2005, but the only money I’m making from it today is the training I’m selling you.”
The truth is that 90% of the strategies you read about won’t work for you.
It’s not that they aren’t legitimate strategies. It’s not that there aren’t real “silver bullets” out there that can score you a big win.
The truth is that business growth is contextual. Every business is unique. Every customer is different.
You don’t need another strategy to try.
What you need is a systematic process for identifying the RIGHT acquisition channels for YOUR unique business. What you need is a framework for identifying your target audience and determining how THEY want to be brought to your business.
And that’s exactly what we’re going to learn today.
The systematic process we’re going to learn today has a total of 6 steps. We’re going to review the first 4 in this email, and at the end, we’ll give you free access to our in-depth guide chronicling all 6 steps.
Lesson 1 :: How to find the best acquisition channel for YOUR business
If you’d prefer to just skip straight to the guide, go ahead and click here to download.
Step 1: Identify your core constraints.
Your business doesn’t exist in a vacuum. There are many factors and constraints affecting the decisions you make.
- How many customers do you need to keep the business cash-flow positive?
- How much can you afford to pay per lead and still achieve positive ROI?
- Are you focused on showing traction for potential investors or optimizing immediate profits?
- Where is your target audience located?
The ideal acquisition channel for your business will be based on your unique goals and your unique audience. In order to identify the right channel, you’ll need to understand the factors and constraints affecting your business.
- Answer the question "When do you consider this campaign a success?"
- Identify the core constraints affecting your ability to achieve that success.
Step 2: Consider every possible channel (not just the ones you are most familiar with)
There are at least 26 possible acquisition channels available to you, which we cover in the guide. Unfortunately, most entrepreneurs tend to be biased when it comes to these channels.
Maybe you have wide experience with SEO, or you think sales is only for selling bad products, or you know that Facebook ads don’t work because your friend tried it for his startup and wasted thousands of dollars.
Here’s the thing: all those biases are holding you back. Before you let your gut feelings make decisions for you, stop for 5 minutes and consider the pros and cons of each channel.
- Take note of any channels you know you are biased against.
- Brainstorm each of the 26 channels individually. Give everything a fair shot
Step 3: Prioritise the channels most likely to work for you.
From your brainstorm you’ll likely have a bunch of channels that you think might work. But since you can’t focus on all of them, it’s important to prioritise. The book Traction calls this the “bullseye framework”. Since you have limited resources, you only want to pursue the channels that are most likely to work.
Run through all the channels again and pick your top-3 for each set of constraints.
- Make a top-3 for your current goals & constraints. Put them in order of likeliness to achieve your goal.
- Take note of any channels that might work at later stages of your business.
Step 4: Filter what actually works (and what doesn’t) by doing small tests.
Now that you’ve identified the best theoretical channels, it’s time to actually put them into action. You don’t need to make big investments to run these tests, because you’re not looking for traction yet. You only want to confirm your assumptions and validate that these channels can work with your target audience.
- Pick the top channel from your research and actually run a small campaign with it.
- If it succeeds, move onto the next step. If it fails, move on to the next channel.
The Ultimate Traction System
That’s the end of our lesson today, but it’s not the end of the story. We’ve created a full guide taking you through our Ultimate Traction System - a six step process for identifying the right acquisition channels for your unique business.
We know you’re busy, so we cut straight to the chase. We’ve included everything you need in one convenient place. You’ll get:
- A battle-hardened step-by-step process for identifying channels in any business
- An overview of the 26 different traction channels
- Increased focus and confidence in your growth efforts
- Insights into your growth strategy
- An understanding of the growth hacker’s mentality
Are you ready to get started? Download The Ultimate Traction System, free for a limited time:
To building business empires!